With the likes of Michael Scott of The Office fame, comedians Jim Carrey and George Carlin, there is no shortage of hilarious, outrageous leadership quotes & memes. I hope you have a "pound the table", "laugh your butt off" good time. If you can't or don't laugh at these, you may approach life way too seriously and need to "let your hair down" once in a while.
So pull up a chair, crack open a cold one, sit back, relax, and get ready to take a shot of silly and outrageous leadership quotes.
I couldn't resist adding a ton of Michael Scott quotes, even though he is only a caricature of many leaders. Some of the stuff he said is just to darn funny!
1. Leader. Ship. The word ‘ship’ is hidden in side the word ‘leadership,’ as its… derivation.
2. You know what they say, "Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice, strike three.
3. It's never too early for ice cream. -Michael Scott
4. My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them. -Mitch Hedberg
5. Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. -Jim Carrey
6. Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov
7. I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager, people would laugh when they saw me coming, and would applaud as I walked away. -Michael Scott
8. A day without sunshine is like, you know, night. -Steve Martin
9. The only time I set the bar low is for limbo. -Michael Scott
Click "READ MORE to see the other 25 quotes!
10. Mo' money, mo' problems. -Michael Scott
11. Make friends first, make sales second, make love third. In no particular order. -Michael Scott
12. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. -George Carlin
13. I’m a leader not a follower. Unless it’s a dark place, then you are going first. -Unknown
14. Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -Elbert Hubbard
15. Business is a doggie dog world. And I am a shark, who eats doggie dogs. -Michael Scott
16. Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. -Margaret Mead
17. People say I'm the best boss. They go "Oh, we've never worked in a place like this before, and you get the best out of us. The most sacred thing I do is care. I think that pretty much sums it up. -Michael Scott
18. Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men — the other 999 follow women. -Groucho Marx
19. First rule of leadership: everything is your fault. -A Bug’s Life
20. The problem with being a leader is that you’re never sure if you’re being followed or chased. -Claire A. Murray
21. I’m an early bird and a night owl. So I’m wise, and I have worms. -Michael Scott
22. The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate me away from those who are still undecided. -Casey Stengel
23. And I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do. -Michael Scott
24. Some people say, "Never let them see you cry." I say, if you’re so mad you could just cry, then cry. It terrifies everyone. -Tina Fey
25. Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me. -Michael Scott
26. There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. -Will Rogers
27. Leadership has been defined as the ability to hide your panic from others. -Lao Tzu
28. There are 5 stages to grief which are…[reading from computer] Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. And right now, out there, they are all denying the fact that they’re sad and that’s hard and it’s making them all angry. And it is my job to get them all the way through to Acceptance and if not Acceptance then Depression… If I can get them depressed, then I’ll have done my job. -Michael Scott
29. If you make people think they’re thinking, they’ll love you. If you really make them think, they’ll hate you. -Don Marquis
30. Inventory is boring. In the islands, they don’t make you do stuff like take inventory. Why do think so many businesses moved to the Caymans? -Michael Scott
31. The question who ought to be boss is like who ought to be the tenor in the quartet? Obviously, the man who can sing tenor. -Henry Ford
32. People will never be replaced by machines. In the end, life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake. And to me the choice is easy. -Michael Scott
33. People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything. -Thomas Sowell
34. You know what I think we should do? I think we should just save the goodbyes for tomorrow at lunch. And then tomorrow, I can tell you what a great boss you turned out to be. Best boss I ever had. -Michael Scott
Got an outrageous leadership that didn't make the cut? Leave me a comment below, and I will consider adding it.